- Preheat oven to 180ºC (356ºF) and line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients together.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mix, pour in wet mixture. Gently fold wet into dry until just combined. Removing any lumps.
- Gently fold through chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean, making sure not to over bake.
- Remove from oven.
- Let the loaf to cool in the pan for at least 15-20 minutes. This loaf is quite delicate so removing it too early may cause it to break a little.
- Remove from pan by lifting up parchment paper and let it cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine icing sugar, lemon juice, coconut water and mix well.
- Add more icing sugar until desired consistency. Mine was smooth and thick.
- Slowly and evenly pour over the cooled loaf.
- Let sit for 10 minutes until it sets.
Serve and enjoy!
Keep in an airtight container, in the pantry, for 1 week – 10 days.