- Toast desiccated coconut in a pan until lightly golden.
- Blitz almonds in a food processor until it forms a meal.
- Add in dates and blitz again.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and knead into a dough.
- Press mixture into a 1 litre capacity rectangular dish lined with baking paper, place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.
- Add gelatin to 3/4 cup of boiling water in a saucepan and heat to fully dissolve the mixture. Allow to cool to lukewarm.
- Create a double boiler (a bowl placed over a pot of boiling water) then add coconut yoghurt and maple syrup to the bowl, whisk to combine. Once the coconut yoghurt mixture has reached lukewarm temperature, add in the gelatin liquid. It is important to combine the gelatin with the yoghurt at the same temperature or the gelatin will clump.
- Divide into three bowls and allow to cool slightly. Add in 1 tsp of Velvet Latte for the pink layer, 1 tsp of Mermaid Latte for blue layer, and combine 1/2 tsp of Mermaid Latte and 1/2 tsp of velvet latte for the purple layer.
- Spoon 1 of the mixtures onto the base and smooth out. Repeat to create the remaining layers. Cover and set in the fridge for at 3 hours or until set.
Note: This makes a delicious soft set filling. To make a firmer filling add another scoop of gelatin and 1/4 of water.