Our Cocobella community had a sweet tooth in August! Here are our picks for the Top 5 Recipes from the month, all created by our Instagram community. Whether you’re looking for new brekkie ideas, something special to serve up for dessert, or treats to help kick that 3:30itis, you’ll certainly find some inspiration here.
Are you feeling creative with Cocobella in the kitchen? Share your #cocobellarecipe in September, and you could be picked for our next Top 5 and win a month’s worth of Cocobella products! Visit us at @purecocobella for more information.
For inspiration, check out this month’s recipes using Cocobella coconut yoghurt and coconut water:
@createcookshare – Peanut and Jelly Chia Pudding
A no-fuss dessert perfect for sharing.
Time – prep: 30 mins
Setting time: 3 hours min
Chia pudding ingredients:
6 tbs chia seeds
6 tbs Cocobella Natural or Vanilla coconut yoghurt
250ml filtered water
250g fresh strawberries, cleaned and roughly chopped into pieces
1 tbs maple syrup
1 tbs chia seeds
1 tbs lemon juice
1 heaped tbs peanut butter, @creatcookshare recommends crunchy
Chia pudding –
1. In a deep bowl add all the ingredients and whisk until well combined.
2. Place in the fridge covered for at least 3 hours or overnight.
1. In a heavy base pan add the strawberries and over a medium heat stir until strawberries are bubbling.
2. Add the maple syrup and lemon juice and chia seeds and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and allow to completely cool.
4. Either serve as is or you can add it to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
5. Store in an air tight jar and keep in fridge for up to 3 days.
Assemble pudding by placing the chia pudding on the bottom of the jar, top it with the strawberry sauce and then a big dollop of crunchy peanut butter. Enjoy!
@ninabarwald – Raspberry, Lemon, Coconut Cake
The perfect cake for morning tea.
Time: 1 hr 15 mins
1/2 cup Cocobella Natural coconut yoghurt
3/4 cup non-dairy milk
3/4 cup granulated stevia or unrefined sugar (@ninabarwald used a mixture of stevia and coconut sugar)
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1.5 cups of flour
1/2 desiccated coconut
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Good pinch of sea salt
1 cup raspberries (if frozen, defrost first)
Optional toppings: dusting of icing sugar, lemon glaze, raspberry glaze or melted white chocolate.
1. Preheat the oven to 175ºc. Line a square cake tin.
2. Add all the wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
3. In another bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients except the raspberries.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
5. Fold in the raspberries, leaving a few for the top if desired.
6. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
@thehealthyfitfashionista – Coconut Collagen Bliss Balls
These little babies pack a nutritious punch!
1 cup of nuts of your choice – use your favourite, or a mixture!
1 cup of pitted dates
1 cup of desiccated coconut
1/3 of cup of cacao
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla essence
2-3 tbsp plant based protein powder and collagen powder (optional)
1/2 cup Cocobella Straight Up coconut water
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and whizz until combined.
2. Add half a cup of Cocobella Straight Up coconut water and mix well. Add more if needed.
3. Roll your mixture into balls, approximately one heaped teaspoon per ball.
4. Enjoy immediately! These will keep in the fridge for 7-10 days, or longer in the freezer.
@emsswanston – Chocolate Honeycomb Chia Pudding
A deliciously indulgent spin on the classic pudding cup.
30 minutes prep time.
4.5 hours setting time
1/4 cup of Cocobella Natural coconut yoghurt
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond mylk (or mylk of choice)
3 tbs of chia seeds
1 tbs of cacao
1 tbs of coconut butter
1 tsp The Golden Ratio Vegan Honey
1-2 tsp of cacao nibs
1 tsp of vanilla extract
4-6 drops of stevia
A pinch of salt
1 tsp of Maca
1 tsp of bee pollen
1-2 scoops of collagen powder
1/4 teaspoon of raw earth stevia – (optional for extra sweetness)
2 tsp of dark chocolate (or cacao nibs), roughly chopped
Dollop of Cocobella Natural coconut yoghurt
1 tsp Chia seeds
3-4 pieces of vegan honeycomb
1. Place all pudding ingredients except for cacao nibs and bee pollen (if you’re adding), into a small bowl or jug and stir to combine.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight). Make sure you go and give it a little stir every now and again to remove any lumps and just to make sure those cheeky little chia seeds haven’t settled at the bottom of the bowl.
3. Once your pudding is nice and thick, place the mixture into your food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy. If you don’t have texture issues, you can skip this step and simply stir and serve as is.
4. Taste and adjust sweetness if necessary, you could add a little extra honey or stevia/vanilla if you like your pudding on the sweeter side.
5. Pour your pudding mixture into cute little cups or bowls, stir through cacao nibs, and place it back in the fridge for at least 30 minutes chill and re-set before serving (it gets a little warm and the consistency thins out with the friction created while blending).
6. To serve, top with a dollop of coconut yogurt, sprinkle with chocolate (or cacao nibs) and some extra cheeky chia seeds and bee pollen.
@raimeeleigh.fitfood – Two Tone Smoothie Bowl
Why have one flavour when you can have both!
For the Pink Half
100g frozen banana
50g frozen raspberries
100g frozen pink pitaya
¼ cup Cocobella Straight Up coconut water
Just Blends pink pitaya powder
Tonic Products collagen, or your choice
For the Yellow Half:
150g frozen banana
80g frozen mango
Your choice of vanilla protein
¼ cup Cocobella Straight Up coconut water
Tonic products collagen, or your choice
Fresh banana sliced
- In a blender, blend both mixes separately, ensuring consistency is thick like ice-cream.
- Scoop one mix into one side of the bowl and the other mix into the other side, trying your best not to blend together.
- Where both sides meet down the centre of your bowl, top with banana slices, coconut, bee pollen, buckwheat, mulberries and peanut butter.
Are you getting busy in the kitchen with Cocobella? Don’t forget to tag @purecocobella and #cocobellarecipe. We love seeing what you’re up to! For more Cocobella recipe inspiration, check out last month’s Top 5 Recipes here.