It’s a constant joy to discover new and tasty recipes made by our Instagram community–and February was no exception! From savoury concoctions to healthy condiments, these Top 5 Recipes from February will each win a Cocobella prize pack as a thank you for sharing their #cocobellarecipe.
@saying.it.with.flours – Vegan Lemon Syrup Cake
Ingredients for cake:
150 grams dairy free margarine
200 grams caster sugar
170 grams Cocobella Natural Yoghurt tub
250 grams self-raising flour
½ tsp baking soda
50 grams almond flour
2 tbs corn flour
2-3 lemons (depending on how lemony you want the cake) – zested and juiced
Ingredients for syrup:
100 grams icing sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 160C (fan forced).
2. Grease and line a medium sized loaf tin.
3. Beat together the dairy-free margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy.
4. Add the yoghurt and lemon zest and beat some more.
5. Sift the flour, baking soda, almond flour and cornflour over the wet ingredients. Mix on low speed until no lumps remain.
6. When combined and lump free, add the juice of the zested lemons and incorporate into the batter.
7. Pour into a prepared loaf tin, tap it on the bench a couple of times to both settle the mix and get rid of any air bubbles.
8. Place on middle rack of the oven and set timer for 45 minutes. Times may vary depending on your oven but it’s recommended to check at this point. If your wooden skewer (or cake tester) comes out cleanish, then it’s ready!
9. While the cake is baking start on the lemon syrup.
10. Make the syrup by dissolving the icing sugar in the lemon juice over a low flame until you have a clear liquid. You don’t want it too thick or syrupy.
11. When the cake comes out of the oven, use a wooden skewer to poke holes in the cake and pour the syrup evenly over the cake – particularly on the sides.
12. Leave to completely cool before taking out of the tin.
13. Can be served plain or decorate with fresh berries.
@life.as.lyndal – Coconut Avo dip
2 ripe avocados
The juice from half a lemon
2 tbsp Cocobella Natural Coconut Yogurt
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp of dried mixed herbs
1. Place all ingredients (minus the herbs) into a blender and combine for 20 seconds or until creamy and smooth.
2. Stir through the dried mixed herbs.
3. Serve and enjoy.
@young_rebecca – Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles
225grams vegan cream cheese
1 cup raw cashews
1 cup coconut cream
2 tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup Cocobella coconut yoghurt
1/2 cup granola
1. Take a small bowl and put your cashews in there. Cover them with boiling water and allow to soak for an hour or two. Afterwards, drain them and rinse with cold water.
2. Place the cream cheese, soaked cashews, coconut cream, vanilla, maple syrup and blueberries in a blender. Blend on medium-high speed until you have a completely smooth mixture (the key thing to look out for are the cashews: they cannot be gritty).
3. Split half the blueberry mixture into a small bowl and add in the coconut yoghurt. Swirl them through gently, not quite fulling mixing them together – they’ll look particularly cool if they are two-toned when you pull them out of the moulds.
4. Take some popsicle moulds and scoop some of the plain blueberry mixture in, the some of the mixture with the coconut yoghurt, plus a little granola. Repeat until you’ve filled up all the moulds.
5. Before putting them in the freezer, sprinkle some granola over the bottoms and put in a popsicle stick.
6. Place in the freezer overnight and the following day, enjoy the fruits of your handiwork!
@jess_stillonemusic – French Toast with Coconut Berry Jam
This French Toast is topped with the easiest berry jam and coconut yoghurt combo.
For the French toast you will need these ingredients:
1/2 cup plant milk
1 tbsp cocobella coconut yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix together ingredients and soak 2-3 pieces of your favourite bread into the mix.
Pan fry in coconut oil (and top with your toppings of choice, if you’d prefer that to the berry jam!).
For the berry jam, you would need these ingredients:
1 cup blueberries
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
1 tablespoon Cocobella coconut yoghurt
Microwave blueberries with a dash of water until soft.
Stir in tapioca starch.
Let it sit in fridge for 5-10 minutes.
Add Cocobella coconut yoghurt.
Serving suggestion: enjoy the french toast with peanut butter, fresh banana, cacao nibs and puffed grains.
@aussielifenow – Creamy Coconut Cream with Avocado
Lemon (to taste)
Parsley (to taste)
2 tablespoons Cocobella Coconut yoghurt (or to taste)
Add all ingredients into a mixer and blend.
Serve with your favourite pasta!
If you’re getting creative in the kitchen with Cocobella, go ahead and tag @purecocobella and #cocobellarecipe if you upload your recipes on Instagram. We’d love to see your kitchen creations!
For more Cocobella recipe inspiration, check out last month’s Top 5 Recipes here.