The Cocobella community is an innovative bunch! In June, we saw a delicious array of dishes that brought as much ‘wow’ to the table as they did ‘yum’. From savoury pancakes to muffins filled with the Cocobella’s new Strawberry coconut yoghurt, you’ll be racing to the kitchen to try this entire Top 5 from June out for yourself.
Are you getting busy in the kitchen with Cocobella? Don’t forget to tag @purecocobella and #cocobellarecipes. We love seeing what you’re up to!
For more Cocobella recipe inspiration, check out last month’s Top 5 Recipes here.
@healthy_fran – Banana Caramel Dessert Jar
A jar full of delicious fun!
Time: 20 mins
1 cup organic oats
1 cup cashews (soaked in hot water for 1-2hrs)
250g Cocobella coconut yoghurt
1 tbsp organic cacao powder
2 tbsp dark chocolate flakes
1 tsp vanilla paste
2 tsp coconut oil
1-2 tbsp water
- For the bottom layer, blend 2-5 dates, oats, cacao powder and one teaspoon of coconut oil. Mix until dates are well combined.
- For the caramel layer, blend together 7 dates, the soaked cashews, vanilla, a tablespoon of coconut oil, and a bit of water. Mix until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Layer the jar with the bottom mixture (save some on the side for placing on top), sliced banana on the sides of the jar and across the middle, then the caramel layer, and banana again.
- Top with Cocobella coconut yoghurt, a bit of the bottom layer, and a sprinkling of the dark chocolate.
@nutraorganics – Dreamy Unicorn Coconut Yoghurt Parfait Bars
The perfect parfait from our good friends at Nutra Organics
Time: 1 hour preparation, +3 hours setting time
1 ½ cups The Wholefood Pantry Almonds
½ cups The Wholefood Pantry Desiccated Coconut
3 tbsp The Wholefood Pantry Coconut Oil (melted)
4 The Wholefood Pantry Deglet Nour Dates
Pinch of The Wholefood Pantry Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract or a vanilla bean (optional)
3 scoops of Nutra Organics Natural Gelatin
2 x 500g Cocobella Natural coconut yoghurt
¼ cup of The Wholefood Pantry Maple Syrup
1-2 tsp Nutra Organics Velvet Latte
1-2 tsp Nutra Organics Mermaid Latte
1. Toast desiccated coconut in a pan until lightly golden.
2. Blitz almonds in a food processor until it forms a meal.
3. Add in dates and blitz again.
4. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and knead into a dough.
5. Press mixture into a 1 litre capacity rectangular dish lined with baking paper, place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to set.
1. Add gelatin to 3/4 cup of boiling water in a saucepan and heat to fully dissolve the mixture. Allow to cool to lukewarm.
2. Create a double boiler (a bowl placed over a pot of boiling water) then add coconut yoghurt and maple syrup to the bowl, whisk to combine. Once the coconut yoghurt mixture has reached lukewarm temperature, add in the gelatin liquid. It is important to combine the gelatin with the yoghurt at the same temperature or the gelatin will clump.
3. Divide into three bowls and allow to cool slightly. Add in 1 tsp of Velvet Latte for the pink layer, 1 tsp of Mermaid Latte for blue layer, and combine 1/2 tsp of Mermaid Latte and 1/2 tsp of velvet latte for the purple layer.
4. Spoon 1 of the mixtures onto the base and smooth out. Repeat to create the remaining layers. Cover and set in the fridge for at 3 hours or until set.
Note: This makes a delicious soft set filling. To make a firmer filling add another scoop of gelatin and 1/4 of water.
@momentsofdi_ – Lime and Blueberry Muffins with Cocobella Strawberry Coconut Yoghurt
A fruiter spin on the classic “jam & cream” scones
Time: 45 mins
1 cup of buckwheat flour
1 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup rice malt syrup
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
Juice and zest of one lime
1 ¼ cups coconut milk
1 tbsp flaxmeal
¼ cup organic frozen blueberries
¼ cup coconut flakes
500g Cocobella Strawberry coconut yoghurt
- In a bowl, mix the buckwheat flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, flaxmeal and zest together.
- Add the lime juice, coconut milk, coconut milk and rice malt syrup and mix well but do not over mix.
- Stir through the blueberries.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, divide the batter into a lined muffin tin. Top with coconut flakes before baking at 190C for 30 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven. Allow to cool.
- Cut each muffin in half and fill with a teaspoon of Cocobella Strawberry coconut yoghurt. Enjoy!
@healthiielife – Raspberry Nice Cream Smoothie Bowl
A cheerfully colourful addition to a cold winter’s morning
Time: 15 mins
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup Cocobella Straight Up coconut water
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor
- Blend for around 2-3 minutes or until all ingredients are completely blended
- Once you have your wanted consistency (you might need to add a splash more of coconut water), you can spoon into a bowl.
- Top with your desired toppings and enjoy!
@createcookshare – Savoury Pancakes with Cocobella Basil Yoghurt
Those “pancakes for dinner” dreams have come true!
Time: 20 mins
1 packet of your choice of pancake mix
150g grated green zucchini
10g mint leaves, chopped
1 green onion, thinly sliced
Sea salt to taste
Basil Yogurt –
1 cup Cocobella Natural coconut yogurt
10g fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1 tbs lemon juice
freshly ground pepper
1 tbs maple syrup
250g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half or quarters
Butter or olive oil for frying
1. Make the Basil Yogurt Sauce by combining all the ingredients. Set aside and make the pancakes.
2. Prepare pancakes as suggested by packet instructions and add the zucchini, mint, onion and sea salt to the batter.
3. Heat a pan with olive oil or butter and pour about 1/3 cup into the pan. When bubbles appear and the bottom has lightly brown, turn over and cook the other side. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep the pancakes warm by covering them with foil.
4. Serve pancakes warm with basil yogurt, cherry tomatoes and a good seasoning of sea salt and pepper. Enjoy!